To make applying as simple and straightforward as possible, we've put together a checklist of everything you need to complete your application. If you have any questions along the way, please contact guELC@georgetown.edu. Current I-20 processing and visa wait times have increased globally. If you require F-1 Visa Support, please- complete your application no later than 8 weeks prior to your anticipated arrival to the U.S.
Deadlines and Program Dates
Spring Session I 2023
- • F-1 visa students: Nov. 4
- • All other students: Dec. 1
- Start Date: Jan. 9
- End Date: Mar. 3
Spring Session II 2023
- • F-1 visa students: Jan. 13
- • All other students: Feb. 1
- Start Date: Mar. 13
- End Date: May 5
Fall Session I 2023
- • F-1 visa students: Jun. 23
- • All other students: Jul. 15
- Start Date: Aug. 21
- End Date: Oct. 13
Fall Session II 2023
- • F-1 visa students: Aug. 18
- • All other students: Sep. 1
- Start Date: Oct. 23
- End Date: Dec. 15
Complete the Online Application
Complete and submit the online application for your program of interest. Click “Apply Now” (below) to complete the English version of the application or click one of the applications listed below in your native language if you prefer.
Program & Application Requirements:
- Application Fee: Along with your completed application, you will need to provide a non-refundable $75 application fee.
- Age Requirement: All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school by the start of each program offered by Georgetown’s English Language Center.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or 3+ years of work experience is recommended.
- Transcripts: Provide a copy of your transcript (with course grades) in English, showing proof of completion of secondary school or of university studies beyond secondary school.
Take the Mandatory Online Placement Test
Once you are admitted to the program, you are required to take a mandatory online placement test to confirm your level placement. You will receive an email from guELC@georgetown.edu on how to sign up for the next scheduled placement test. If you require F-1 visa support, you may begin your I-20 application now. Immigration documents will not be issued until you have successfully passed the placement test. In order to enroll in our program, you must place in our lower level offered or higher. Our lowest level offered will change each session due to enrollment.